Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things

Since I haven't "food blogged" in awhile, I decided it was time for an update.  I haven't been baking a lot lately, blame it on summertime laziness, but the following are a few ready-made items (not necessarily GF) that are quick favorites.


YamaMotoYama Sencha Green Tea


This stuff is the bees knees, for real.  I have around 2-4 cups every day!  I can't stand coffee, and while I like tea, I picky about which ones I drink.  After taste testing many of the bathroom-break inducing beverage, I finally found this one.  No funky aftertaste, no bitterness.  Perfect.  I saw it first in the grocery store, since then they discontinued it (of course), so I buy a 6-pack on Amazon.

Edward and Sons Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones


Yes, you can sing the Hallelujah chorus, GF cones have arrived!  For real, tears came to my eyes when I saw these babies sitting on the shelf of my not-so-local health food store.  To boot, they taste GREAT!  If you are so able, find them, buy them, savor them.

Lentil Crackers by Mediterranean Snacks

These crackers are the closest thing to Ritz I've found, as far as GF goes.  Unlike their buttery gluten-filled counterparts, Lentil Crackers are packed with nutrients.  Per every 28g serving there is only 110 calories, 16 carbs, 1g fiber, 3g of fat, and 5g of protein! I've only had the Sea Salt, but I'm super pumped to try more flavors.  Check out their website, they have many goodies to ogle.

Candy Tree Strawberry Twists


To be honest, these taste nothing like Twizzlers (my absolute favorite candy pre-GF days), but they are better than nothing.  They're organic which is a perk, also no added sugar.  The downside is, they're pricey.  I saw these while browsing the candy aisle at a health food store (oxymoron?), and had to try them.  If you've ever had organic fruit strips, these twists have a similar taste, but the texture is more "licorice-y".  An inexpensive alternative that I keep in my purse at all times, Archer Farms Organic Strawberry Fruit Strips.  I find mine at Target!


Snyder's of Hanover Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks



I was leery about trying these pretzel sticks from Snyder's, being that they mostly make "regular" pretzels. Cross contamination was an obvious worry.  But, I found these on sale and couldn't resist indulging as soon as I made it to my car.  I have to say, these are the best GF pretzels I've found so far, better than Glutino brand.



Pamela's Spicy Ginger Cookies

Chewy. Spicy. YUMMY!  These pieces of heaven wrapped in crystalized ginger are paired perfectly with the aforementioned sencha green tea.

Last but not least...

Sierra Mist Natural 

If I can help it, I like to avoid HFCS (High-Fructose Corn Syrup).  Long story short, I just plain feel better when I don't consume it.  Now generally speaking, all I drink is water or my tea.  But on the rare occasion I'm craving some carbonation, this stuff is simply delightful!  I wish they came in those cute little "half-cans" though, I can never finish a whole one!


So tell me, what are your favorite edible things?  Whether it's gluten-free, healthy, or waistline expanding.

                  Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment